WHAT I EAT for Balanced Hormones & PCOS on a Plant-Based Diet
Download my eBook –
Find all my favorites –
Camera I’m using –
Today I’m sharing the anti-inflammatory, low carb, and plant-based diet that I’m eating for balancing hormones and managing my pcos symptoms! In this What I Eat in a day vlog I talk about why I don’t call myself vegan and why I’m eating plant-based and anti-inflammatory foods.
I make a protein-packed dairy free yogurt bowl for breakfast, a quinoa salad for lunch, and THE BEST vegan bolognese with zucchini noodles EVER! Recipe below! The recipes I shared are higher in protein, fats, and fiber and low in carbs. The carbs I do eat come from whole, natural sources like fruit, vegetables, and seeds.
My plan is to share how I’ve been balancing my hormones with you guys soon!
Mushroom Walnut Bolognese Sauce Recipe:
MUSHROOM WALNUT MIXTURE:
2 cups brown mushrooms
1 cup walnuts (or sunflower seeds)
1 tsp dry oregano
1 tsp dry basil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 onion, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1 cup chopped bell peppers
2 tsp gluten free tamari or coconut aminos
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 15oz can organic tomato sauce
1) Pulse the mushroom walnut mixture ingredients in a food processor until coarsely chopped. The texture should resemble ground meat.
2) Meanwhile, heat the avocado oil over medium heat.
3) Add the onions, celery, and bell peppers with a pinch each of salt and pepper. Stir. Cook for 5-7 minutes until vegetables are tender.
4) Add the mushroom walnut mixture, stir, and cook another 3 minutes.
5) Stir in the tamari sauce and tomato paste. Cook another minute.
6) Stir in the canned tomato sauce. Lower heat and cook for at least 10 minutes to allow flavors to incorporate.
7) Serve over your favorite kind of pasta and garnish with herbs. Enjoy!
Other Places We Can Hang Out!
I’m Jordan, and I’m a lover of all things holistic health and wellness. I upload weekly lifestyle videos about:
Eating healthy, unprocessed, plant-based food
Meal planning, cooking, recipes, nutrition, holistic health
and life as a health coach, graduate college student to become a Nurse Practitioner!
Most Popular Videos –
After Work De-Stress Routine –
High Fiber Diet –
Vegan Aldi Haul –
Slow Cooker Recipes –
Hormone Balance Recipes –
#whatieatinaday #jordanwaddell #pcos
*This video is for informational purposes only and does not substitute or replace medical advice. Some of the links in the description may be affiliate links, meaning, at no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support! 🙂
This video is not sponsored. All opinions are my own.