Garlicky Lentil and Tomato Soup (Low Calorie) by Tarla Dalal
Recipe link :
Tarla Dalal App:
Tarla Dalal Blogspot:
Garlicky Lentil and Tomato Soup
This unusual soup has been prepared from masoor dal, which is known for being rich in protein and zinc. Tomatoes give it a lovely red tinge whereas onions and garlic impart an enticing aroma. I’ve blended this soup to give it a nice creamy texture without actually adding cream! it’s a great soup, which fills you up before the meal so that you do not binge on other high-calorie foods.
Add your private note
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
11/2 tbsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1/2 cup masoor dal (split red lentil) , washed and drained
3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
2 tsp oil
1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
1/2 tsp chilli powder
salt to taste
2 tsp lemon juice
1. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
2. Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and chilli powder,mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
4. Add the masoor dal, salt and 2 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
5. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside to cool.
6. Once cooled, blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
7. Transfer the purée into a deep non-stick pan, add 2 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
8. Add the lemon juice, mix well.