Free Weight Loss Recipes – A Guide to Healthy Diet
Trying to lose weight does not mean that you have to starve yourself. The most important thing is to stay healthy during the process. If you have started on a dieting plan or are currently in the midst of one, below are some advice and tips on how to do it properly.
1. Please, do not skip any meals. When you do that, your body’s metabolism begins to slow down. This is because it is trying to conserve energy as fuel for your body, such as fat, becomes limited. By having regular meals, your metabolism is maintained and even increased.
2. You should take three small meals and two snacks everyday and not just one or two huge meals.
3. Start your day by drinking warm water with just a squeeze of lemon juice before breakfast to get the metabolism going, this can also help to prevent constipation and is excellent for the skin.
4. Another way to increase the speed of your metabolism and burn more calories is to drink hot water instead of cold water in the morning.
5. Chili helps to speed up metabolism – even the milder varieties.
6. Learn about nutrition and how to prepare healthy meals so that you will adopt healthy eating habits.
7. Learn how to make your favourite recipes but reduce the fats, salt, and sugar content. Substitute cream with non-fat yogurt, stir-fry without oil and use herbs and spices instead of salt to taste. When stir-frying, use chicken stock to cut down on hidden fat.
8. You can use vegetables like capsicum and zucchini to wrap flavoured fillings or minced chicken, white meat or fish. These are healthy and contain low fat.
9. Soya beans or tofu is one of the best sources of vegetable protein. Legumes are also good sources of protein, so include lentils, lima beans etc into casseroles and soups.
10. You can make delicious low fat mayonnaise by combining one teaspoon of Dijon mustard or satay sauce with low fat yogurt.
11. Take non-toasted muesli instead of the toasted ones. A plate of toasted muesli contains more fat than a plate of bacon and eggs.
12. Another way to reduce fat is to make omelettes without the yolks.
13. Try not to remove the skins of fruits and vegetables as most of the nutrients are concentrated under the skin.
Here are a few simple recipes which you can try. Enjoy!
Bacon Cheeseburger Salad
Carbs Per Serving: 7g total
3 ounces lean ground beef crumbled, cooked and drained 4 slices bacon – cooked crisp, drained and crumbled
1 cup chopped lettuce
1/8 cup chopped onion
1/2 medium tomato – chopped
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
¼ cup cheddar cheese – (or 1 once)
How to Prepare:
Stir mayo into lettuce, onion and tomato until evenly coated. Toss in beef, bacon and cheese.
Stuffed Zucchini Bake
Carbs per Serving: 35g carbs total
4 medium zucchini — wash and cut in 1/2 lengthwise
1 pound ground beef
1 clove garlic — minced fine
1/2 cup onion — diced
1/2 cup mushroom — diced
1/2 cup parmesan cheese — or cheddar -your choice 1 each
salt and pepper – to taste
How to Prepare:
Preheat oven to 350f and spray a cookie sheet or casserole with cooking spray. Use a spoon and shell out the zucchini to make “boats”. Leave the skin and about 1/4 inch or so of flesh intact. Chop pulp roughly. In a skillet, add ground beef, onion, garlic, mushrooms and zucchini pulp. Cook through, stirring to break up meat. Lay the zucchini boats in prepared pan and spoon meat filling into them. Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese and bake until cheese melts.