Easy Healthy Chinese Soup With Lotus Root & Pork Ribs [莲藕排骨汤]
🥢BUY MY WOK (In-Stock Now! Shipping ASAP)
Rest of the world – (pre-order)
🥢PRINTABLE RECIPE –
🥢MY AMAZON INFLUENCER/AFFILIATE PAGE – (I share ingredients and recommended products there)
🥢SUPPORT ME ON PATREON –
🥢RECIPE – Note: The product links below are affiliate links. I may earn a commission if you purchase an item on a linked website within 24 hours.
– 1 pound short pork ribs
– 2.5 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine [Amazon Link:
– 8 ounces of lotus root （sliced into thick pieces）
– 8 ounces of sweet corn (cut into short pieces)
– 6 red dates [Amazon Link:
– 1 tbsp of Gouji berry [Amazon Link:
– 1 tsp of salt
– 4 slice of ginger
– 1 piece of spring onion
– 1/2 tsp of white peppercorn [Amazon Link:
– 6 cups of water
Buy a Claypot or Ceramic pot on Amazon:
– Cut the short ribs into individual pieces.
– Cut the golden sweet corn into 1.5 inches size.
– Discard the end of the lotus root. Peel the skin and cut it into 2/3 of an inch thick pieces.
– Blanch the ribs to remove the bloody crumbs: In a clean pot, add in the ribs, 2.5 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine, and 1.5 liters of water. Cover it. Bring this to a boil. Take out the ribs and discard the water.
– In another clean pot, add in the blanched ribs, the sweet corn, lotus root, 4 slices of ginger, 6 pieces of red date, 1 tbsp of goji berries, 1/2 tsp of white peppercorn, 1 piece of spring onion. 6 cups of water. The liquid should be enough to cover all the ingredients.
– Put on the lid. Bring this to a boil. Now you can add some salt. Mix it up and taste it to make sure it fits your taste. Turn the heat to low. Let this simmer for 1.5 hours and you are done.
– Before you serve, take out the ginger and the soggy spring onion.
Enjoy your meal! If you have any questions about the recipes, just post a comment, will help you out as soon as possible!
…and if you’ve read this far, might as well subscribe. More recipes coming soon =)