Rajma Kebab (Low Calorie Snack) by Tarla Dalal
Recipe Link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Rajma-Kebab-(100-Calorie-Snacks)-32610r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Rajma Kebab (Low Calorie Snack)
Let us get out of the clichéd notion that tasty snacks are fat-laden. Here is a low-fat version of the famous Rajma Kebab made within minutes in your own kitchen with minimal oil. With green chillies, ginger and garam masala to impart a lip-smacking flavour, this toothsome kebab of energy-rich potatoes and protein-packed rajma is a delight to savour.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes. Cooking Time: 15 minutes. Makes 8 kebabs.
1 cup soaked and boiled rajma (kidney beans), lightly mashed
1½ tsp oil
½ cup sliced onions
1 tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
1½ tsp finely chopped green chillies
½ cup boiled, peeled and mashed potatoes
2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
Salt to taste
¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
¾ tsp garam masala
2 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp oil for cooking
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add onions and sauté on a medium flame till they turn translucent.
2. Add ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for another 30 seconds.
3. Add the rajma, potatoes, coriander, salt, turmeric powder and garam masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool slightly.
4. Add the cornflour and mix well.
5. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into 50 mm. (2″) oval flat kebab.
6. Cook each kebab on a non-stick tava (griddle) using ⅛ tsp of oil till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
Serve hot with green chutney.
Nutritive values per kebab
Energy : 50 calories
Protein : 1.8 gm
Carbohydrates : 7.0 gm
Fat : 1.4 gm