Baked Sev (Low Calorie) by Tarla Dalal
Recipe Link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Baked-Sev-%28-Low-Calorie-Healthy-Cooking-%29-32978r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
How many times have you felt depressed yearning for your favourite foods but unable to indulge as you are on ‘diet’? My dear readers, do not despair any longer, as I have conjured up a baked version of sev that tastes equally great! it tastes brilliant when used as a topping on snacks like bhel, sev puri, etc.
Preparation Time: 2 minutes. Cooking Time: Nil. Makes approx. 1 cup (14 tbsp).
Baking Temperature: 200°C (400°F). Baking Time: 13 to 15 minutes.
1 cup besan (Bengal gram flour)
¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
2 tsp lemon juice
¼ tsp powdered sugar
2 tsp oil
Salt to taste
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a semi-soft dough, using approx. 2 tbsp of water.
2. Shape the dough into a cylindrical roll, fill the dough into the “sev press” and press out thin strands onto a greased baking tray.
3. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 8 to 10 minutes or till it turns light brown in
4. Cool, store in an air-tight container and use as required.
1. Ensure you use a sev press plate with very thin holes so the sev bakes faster and is crisper.
2. If your baking tray is small, make this recipe in 2 batches.