Healthy Chicken Vindaloo | Goan Chicken Curry Recipe
Chicken Vindaloo is a popular Goan chicken curry in which chicken is cooked in a medley of Indian spices along with a tangy vinegar flavor.
This mouthwatering chicken curry is a must try owing to uniqueness in marination process which involves special vindaloo masala & vinegar
Vindaloo is generally made with pork but we have used chicken to make it healthy.
This dish is perfect for a day when you want to make something special yet comforting.
It has a burst of flavors and the tender chicken that will melt in your mouth.
Chicken is one of the best non-vegetarian sources of protein. It is lean meat, which means that it contains more amount of proteins and less amount of fat.
Serve it with whole wheat chapatti or brown rice and we are sure you will taste heaven.
Please try this yummy recipe and post your feedback.
If you like the recipe then feel free to subscribe to our channel for new healthy mouth-wateringly tasty Indian recipes every week.
500 grams chicken
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp garlic cloves (chopped)
1 cup onions (chopped)
½ tsp salt
½ cup water
1 cup water
For Vindaloo masala
½ inch ginger
½ inch cinnamon
4 garlic cloves
1 tsp cumin seeds
7 Kashmiri red chilies
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp salt
¼ cup vinegar
1. Blend all the ingredients under vindaloo masala into a smooth paste
2. Add chicken and marinate for minimum 1 hour
3. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add chopped garlic cloves to it. Sauté until garlic turns light brown
4. Add chopped onions and ½ tsp salt. Sauté until onions turn translucent.
5. Add ½ cup water and cook until onion gets mushy.
6. Add marinated chicken and fry until oil separates and chicken starts sticking to the pan.
7. Add 1 cup of water and mix evenly.
8. Cover and cook for approximately 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
9. Garnish with coriander and serve hot with brown rice.
Make sure all the pieces of chicken are evenly mixed with the masala to get the right flavor.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our channel and hit the like button
SUBSCRIBE to JOOS FOOD for more such recipes