Baked Vegetable Au Gratin by Tarla Dalal
Recipe Link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Baked-Vegetable-Au-Gratin-2193r
Tarla Dalal’s Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website | https://www.tarladalal.com
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal’s YouTube Channel | https://goo.gl/h7JMA1
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/tarladalal/
Like Facebook | https://goo.gl/mdcqLb
Get fab food images on Pinterest | http://www.pinterest.com/tarladalal/
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App | https://goo.gl/8jwErB
Get Tarla Dalal Android App | https://goo.gl/zxr56A
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus | https://goo.gl/VbtwXZ
Twitter | https://twitter.com/Tarla_Dalal
Baked Vegetable Au Gratin
Baked Vegetable Au Gratin is one of the first dishes that comes to mind when one thinks of continental delicacies. Much loved across the world, this French dish is made by baking a mixture of assorted veggies and white sauce, coated with cheese or bread crumbs. The secret to making perfect Au Gratin is to bake it till you get a nice brown crust. This gives the dish its special texture and cheesy aroma. Enjoy the Baked Vegetable Au Gratin immediately upon baking, with crisply toasted bread.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes.
Cooking Time: 5 minutes.
Baking Temperature: 200°C (400°F).
Baking Time: 20 minutes.
1½ cups chopped and boiled mixed vegetables (French beans, carrot, green peas and sweet corn kernels)
1 tbsp butter
1½ cups white sauce
Salt and to taste
¾ cup grated processed cheese
For the white sauce
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp plain flour (maida)
2 cups milk
Salt to taste
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch)
For the white sauce
1. Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and cook on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
2. Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, or till the sauce thickens, while stirring continuously.
3. Add the salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
4. Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
How to proceed
1. Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the mixed vegetables and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
2. Add the white sauce, salt and pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
3. Transfer the mixture into a baking dish, sprinkle the cheese evenly over it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 15 minutes.