Nawabi Curry (Low Calorie & Weight Loss) by Tarla Dalal
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Nawabi-Curry-%28-Low-Calorie-Healthy-Cooking-%29-1372r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Nawabi Curry, get set to be transported to the land of the Nawabs with this amazing Nawabi curry. Although this has been converted it into a low-cal version by cooking it in just 2 tsp of oil, which is quite unlike the original, the authentic taste has been retained by using an array of carefully selected spices. Savour this great recipe that is rich in taste at just 63 kcal per serving along with being a treasure trough of vital nutrients like vitamin C and fibre..
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
Makes 4 servings
To Be Ground Into A Smooth Onion Paste (using A Little Water)
1 cup thinly sliced onions
1 tbsp coriander (dhania) seeds
1 tbsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 tbsp poppy seeds (khus-khus)
2 tsp aniseeds
25 mm (1″) ginger (adrak)
2 green chilli, roughly chopped
2 to 3 cardamom (elaichi)
2 cloves (laung / lavang)
25 mm (1″) cinnamon (dalchini)
2 cups chopped tomatoes
2 tsp oil
1 1/2 cups chopped and boiled mixed
vegetables (cauliflower , french beans ,
carrot , green peas etc.)
salt to taste
1/2 tsp sugar
1. Combine the tomatoes with 1 cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the tomatoes soften, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool slightly.
2. Blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep the tomato pulp aside.
3. Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the onion paste and sauté on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add the prepared tomato pulp, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
5. Add the mixed vegetables, salt and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Serve hot.