Tandoori Chicken Recipe/Restaurant-Style Tandoori Chicken in the Oven!
Prep time 15 minutes / Cook Time 40 minutes / Marinade Time 3 Hours
1 1/2 pounds/kg chicken legs
Oil for basting
Few Onion rings for garnish
3/4 cup plain yogurt
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp clove powder
1/8 tsp cinnamon powder
1/8 tsp cardamom powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1/8 tsp garam masala
1 tsp ginger,finely grated
1 tsp garlic,finely grated
1 tsp oil(optional)
Red color (optional)
Salt to taste
1. Wash and pat dry chicken legs.Cut slit into them length wise and place it in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a medium bowl,combine yogurt,ginger,garlic,garam masala,chilli powder,oil,turmeric,clove powder,cinnamon powder,cardamom powder,salt,lemon juice and food color (If using) and mix to smooth paste.
3. Add the marinade to chicken and coat well.Cover and refrigerate at-least for 3 hours,preferably over night
4.Remove chicken from refrigerator and let it rest for 15-30 minutes in room temperature before cooking.(This Makes chicken juicy and tender).
5. When ready to cook,preheat oven for 400 degree F.Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and place chicken legs in the baking sheet, or if using racks, place chicken on the rack.
6. Place chicken in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.Remove chicken and turn over and bake for another 20 minutes.Brush chicken couple of times with oil in between cook time.
7. Just before removing chicken from oven turn the boiler on and broil for a minutes (optional)
8. Remove from oven and serve immediately with raw onion rings and lemon wedges and green chutney.
1. If you using all spices powder, then you can skip garam masala, cinnamon ,clove powder.
2. I used kashmiri chilli powder, you can also use cayenne pepper or regular chilli powder or paprika
PLS FOLLOW ME N LIKE MY FB PAGE
Pls subscribe to my channel and share:
Follow me on pinterest