Pad Thai Recipe + Vegan Fish Sauce | Healthy & Simple
Dried Shitake Mushrooms 1 Cup
Salt 2 TBSP
Soy Sauce 2 TBSP
Water 3 Cups
Pad Thai Ingredients:
Bean Sprouts: 1 cup
Grated Carrots: 1 cup
Mushrooms: 1 cup
Minced Ginger 1/2 TSP
Garlic 1 clove
Chopped Peanuts 2 TBSP
Scallions 1/4 Cup
Cilantro 1/4 Cup
Onion 2 TBSP
Paprika 1 TSP (Optional, but it adds a nice color)
Sugar 2 TBSP
Tamarind Concentrate 2 TBSP
Vegan Fish Sauce 2 TBPS
Dried Rice Noodles (enough for two servings)
1. In a pot add Water, Salt, Soy Sauce, & Mushrooms, cook over medium heat.
2. Let the mixture reach a boil & then simmer until the liquid is half reduced!.
3. Drain & store in refrigerator!
1. Soak Rice Noodles for 10 minutes, make sure you do not over soak them since they will break in the cooking process! You want them to retain some firmness!
2. Over medium heat sauté in water; ginger, garlic & onion until brown!
3. Add in Mushrooms, carrots, and any other vegetables you want.
4. Once vegetables are cooked add in Tamarind Concentrate & Sugar stir in evenly & then add the noodles.
5. Combine noodles & vegetables, then add in fish sauce. Make sure everything is evenly combined!
6. Finally add in cilantro, scallions, & peanuts combine evenly! The you are ready to Serve!!
7. Garnish with Scallions, Peanuts, Cilantro and a squeeze of lime! ENJOY!!!
* Tag me in a picture of your recreation on instagram so I can see your recreation! ORRRR send me a snap on snapchat! 🙂
VLOG Channel –
Here are a few resources I found valuable I hope you find value in them too!
Forks Over Knives
Chris Beat Cancer
“The China Study”