Healthy Pan-Fried Minced Cutlet (Menchi Katsu) Recipe 揚げ焼きメンチカツ レシピ
Now over 270 people have tried this recipe and said it was good!!!
You can find their photos and comments down in the linked page 🙂
Healthy Pan-Fried Minced Cutlet
Number of servings: 2
200g (7oz.) ground beef and pork mixture
100g (3.5oz.) cabbage
50g (1.7oz.) onion
* 2 tbsp. panko (bread crumbs)
* 2 tsp. sesame oil
* 2 tsp. soy sauce
* salt and cracked black pepper
* 2 tbsp. ketchup
* 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 aburaage (deep-fried tofu pouch)
vegetables of your choice
1. Mince cabbage and onion.
2. Mix ground beef and pork mixture, (1.), and (A) in a bowl by hand until the mixture comes together and sticky.
3. Pour boiled water over aburaage to remove the excess oil. Drain and dry with paper towels. Place the aburaage on a cutting board, and trace the aburaage with cooking chopsticks to make it easy to open. Cut a side of aburaage and gently open the pocket.
4. Stuff (2.) in (3.).
5. Heat a frying pan, place (4.), add 40ml of water. Cover the pan and steam it on medium heat until the water is almost gone (4-5min). Then open and cook until the surface is crisp and brown (3-4min).
6. Cut into bite-size pieces, pour (B) mixture over them. Serve with vegetables of your choice.
* It is better served before the aburaage softens. BUT it tastes good, anyways! hehe
It goes great with white rice and perfect for bento box 🙂
♥Facebook Fan Page♥ Please “Like” me 😉
♥Visit my Blog for more Recipes♥
♥My Recipe Posts♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥