Breastfeeding On Fruit: My Calories, Fat Intake & Milk Supply
I have now been breastfeeding on a raw food diet for just over 10 months. Recently, I received a question about my caloric intake and fat intake on a raw vegan diet.
Breastfeeding moms require around 500 extra calories per day, however this amount will vary on a day-to-day basis.
If you baby goes through a growth spurt, then you will find yourself needing more calories.
There is a common belief that low-fat diets are not suitable for breastfeeding.
Indeed, the 90/5/5 (no overt fat) diet is not suitable during breastfeeding at all. In fact, it is natural to desire fats and have fats in your raw food diet as you are breastfeeding, especially during the 1st year of your child’s development.
On the other hand, eating too much fat is not healthy either. So there is a balance to strive towards with regards to eating the right amount of fat to meet you and your baby’s needs.
Personally, my fat percentage on a high-carb raw food diet varies and I consume around 10-15% daily.
My latest video will talk more about my calories, fats and whether your breast milk supply can be affected when you eat less fat in your diet.
Have your explored our products? They help people worldwide to gain the health, shape and fitness levels of their dreams!
* Thrive On Raw – Easy And Practical Guide To Starting And Succeeding On A Raw Vegan Lifestyle:
* Thrive On Raw Recipes – 40 Delicious And Low-Fat Raw Vegan Meals To Help You Achieve Your Ideal Weight And Glowing Health:
* Our journey on raw, lessons learnt and mistakes to avoid: “The Raw Message”
* “Deliciously Raw Dinners: 36 tasty and easy to make low-fat raw vegan savoury recipes to assist your detox, as well as weight and health management:
* Struggling to be raw, fit and healthy during the winter months? Discover “The Raw Food Winter Recipe Collection”:
* Love fruit and traveling? “Your Guide To The Top 10 Fruitful Destinations”
* A parent or a parent-to-be? “Healthy Raw Nutrition For Children And Teenagers”
* Into consciousness, raw food diet, global shift of awareness and self-transformation? “The Spirit of Transition”
Wishing you abundant health,
Paul and Yulia Tarbath